My friend Kate gave me a little desktop book of daily teachings. Today’s words of wisdom are about using gratitude to shift your energy, and the suggestion is to write down 100 things you are grateful for each day.
I’m not sure I can do that. I have visions of myself frozen at my computer, terminally stuck on Tuesday’s number 15, paralyzed for the rest of the week, the month, the year.
But I’m going to try.
I am grateful for (in no particular order):
1. My friends. I have the best friends in the entire world. I have friends I could call at 3 a.m. and say “I need you,” and instead of asking why, they’d just reply, “I’m on my way.”
2. My husband. He’s brilliant, funny, attentive, kind, generous, and the most extraordinary partner on the planet. Life is infinitely richer with him.
3. My kids. Even though they’re young men now, they still call me Mommy. I love that.
4. My career. Sigh…writing books absolutely feeds my soul.
5. The peace of financial security
6. The comfort of living in a beautiful home
7. My health and fitness
8. The two furballs who keep me company in my office every day (and religiously try to steal my chair)